Upside Financing enables Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) businesses to take advantage of extended payment terms for their Inventory and PO purchases. In turn, this allows Brands and Manufacturers to grow at the speed of their business instead of traditional banking relationships or by resorting to dilutive equity raises.
Upside was created to address major pain points our founding team of CPG executives have lived, breathed, and experienced in previous companies. And as we’re seeing through rapid traction with customers and capital partners, we weren’t the only ones searching for this solution.
Prior to our formal launch (coming soon!), we’ve received $190mm in total debt offers and closed a $10.6mm seed round from carefully vetted VCs in Silicon Valley with consistent and successful track records. Within 16 weeks, we lined up the $10.6mm in equity, closed a $30mm debt facility, executed partnerships opening up a pipeline of over 10,000 customers, and perhaps most importantly - hired a knowledgeable team (13 and counting!) made up of different talents, backgrounds, and experiences.
We’re excited to be adding *three* Elixir Developers to our engineering team! Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you'll have the chance to break ground on new products and integrations, while leveraging the latest technologies the web has to offer (Elixir being one of them). We've secured a large pool of customers that we have already started to finance, meaning you will be pushing code to real users and getting real feedback from week one.
What You'll Do
- Develop new features for and maintain the backend of the Upside Elixir platform along with the rest of our talented team
- Create reliable integrations with third-party platforms and data providers to power the Upside user experience
- Automate manual processes with software as Upside scales from 10s to 100s of brands (and even more)
- Work to provide smooth and performant user experiences through rigorous testing and the implementation and monitoring of carefully selected key use indicators
- Develop secure, performant accounting and financial systems to our customers in order to help them grow their business faster and more efficiently than before
- Test and review your own code as well as your team members’ to hold our development team to a high standard of quality
How We Hire & What We’re Looking For
We want everyone to thrive at Upside and scope our roles through the lens of “how can we best set this person up to succeed?” We prioritize culture-add over culture-fit, hire for potential, and value transferable skills.
Skills and attributes that we think would make someone successful in this role include, but are not limited to:
- Experience with backend development practices
- Experience with Elixir (or comparable - i.e. Ruby On Rails) development, and have an interest in keeping up with improvements in the Elixir community
- Strong problem identification and solving skills
- Comfort modeling database schemas and working with SQL
- Ability to create and advocate for great development practices
- Familiarity with any of the following is preferred: Elixir / Phoenix, LiveView, Ecto, Postgres, Redis
- Vested interest in perpetuating a collaborative, inclusive, productive working environment that prioritizes candor and psychological safety - emphasis on team: when one of us ‘wins’ we all win; when one of us needs support, we all jump in to support.
Benefits & Wellness
Our philosophy is that we cannot take care of others (our customers) without taking care of ourselves (our people) first. We believe that the definition of ‘wellness’ is unique to everyone which is why we’ve created a benefits package with a broad range of options in order to best accommodate the needs of our team.
As a pre Series A startup, we know the value in offering a steady support system such as a robust benefits plan, salaries in line with or above startup market rate, work from anywhere flexibility, and beyond.
Here are a few other ways we support our team:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance premiums are covered for employees & their families.
- Paid Time Off: We offer three weeks of paid vacation each calendar year and perpetuate a working environment conducive to taking time off.
- Holidays: We observe 12 paid holidays annually.
- Wellness: We offer a monthly budget to invest in anything that supports wellness as you define it - whether that be physical, mental, emotional, financial, and beyond.
- Ongoing education: We cover the costs of books, podcasts, and classes that support career growth specific to your role and/or our industry.
- Flexible Days & Schedule: We ask that the team is available on Tuesdays for internal meetings and collaboration, though understand that the rest is up to each individual to customize their working hours and schedule.
- Equity & Inclusion (E&I): We incorporate E&I education & awareness into team meetings as well as leadership development. We allocated resources for in-house DEI expertise after our first ten hires to ensure that we are applying best E&I practices across all facets of the Company, while actively contributing to progress in our industry.
- Team Retreats, Meetings, & Travel: While group gatherings are temporarily on pause due to the pandemic and the latest CDC guidance, we have and will cover costs for future all-team retreats, ad hoc team meetings, and travel no questions asked.
Thank you for considering joining the Upside Financing team! We genuinely appreciate your interest.